Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Living in Germany

Living in Germany has its ups and downs. More often it is downs, rather than ups. One of the ups is the availability of cuban cigars: I have a Cohiba waiting to be smoked, but it was a present rather than a purchase. Don't know when I'll smoke it, since the damn thing costs a small fortune, but at some point I will.

Spent part of the day talking with colleagues about abstruse technical aspects of the job. Stuff that went on in the US five years ago are now appearing here, the lag is sometimes amazing. After work we went to my oldest daughter's recital, she played softly but nicely.

I've got two daughters, 14 and 11. I have two kid sisters, so the girls can't pull too many of the usual teenage girl tricks of sweet talking etc., which annoys them no end. My oldest didn't even want to play at the recital, she can be astonishingly shy. Part of puberty and growing up: I've got more patience there than my wife.

Wish I had more to say, but it's been a long day. I'm trying to find my balance here...

No comments: